Arm Chair Traveling Through Africa
with Isabel Gomes
Professional Photographer Isabel Gomes will be showing her beautiful images and recounting amazing experiences while on her recent trip to Africa. Isabel will also be sharing useful tips including:
- What photo gear to pack when faced with space and weight restrictions.
- How to be intentional and have forethought when packing your gear so that you are utilizing it to its best advantage and not being a slave to it while traveling.
- How to interact with locals and other tourists to gain intel and enhance your travel experience.
- Have an end result in mind photographically before you even get on the plane. (e.g. a photo book, a video, or wall art).
- What things you look for and photograph.
- Resources for photo books, slideshow creating, etc.
Friday, June 12th @ 8PM Eastern Time
This presentation is FREE but registration is required
About Isabel: Isabel Gomes has been a professional photographer (www.isabellawrence.com) for 25 years. She has a Bachelors Degree in Art from the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, and attended the Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara California. Isabel’s photographs have been featured in many publications including InStyle, People, Town & Country, the Los Angeles Times Travel Section as well as the Oprah and Rachel Ray Shows. Her work has also been exhibited in the Latino Art Museum in Long Beach California and the Museum of Ventura County. Isabel photographed an international ad campaign for Kodak and was featured in their pavilion at Photokina in Cologne Germany, the largest photo trade show in the world. She has also photographed many celebrities including Dean DeLeo, Eric Benét, Halle Berry, James Newton Howard,
Jeffrey Schlesinger, Jerry Jones, John Henson, John O’Hurley, Kate Bosworth, Kirk Douglas, Lisa Breckenridge, Max Brooks, and Rod Strickland. (www.isabellawrence.com)