with Stephanie Cuneo
Stephanie Cuneo (www.stephaniecuneo.com) is a Los Angeles based photographer with a unique ability to creatively capture moments in time. In this presentation, Stephanie will share the moment that inspired her to become a photographer in 2011, how inspiration is a key element in her work, and how that inspiration is reflected in her images. She will discuss how she makes photographs including:
- What “caught-her-eye” – why a particular moment or scene made her stop to make the photograph – inspiration
- The importance of (pre)visualization/anticipation – “seeing what you want to photograph”
- Before and after shots – describing her shooting workflow and what has worked for her in capturing unique images
- The importance of practice and patience when shooting, and being ready when you get lucky
- Stephanie’s unique approach to camera settings
Friday May 1st @ 7PM EDT
This presentation is FREE but registration is required.
More about Stephanie – in her words
I have had a longstanding love of travel to new and interesting places around the world. For many years I simply used a point and shoot camera to document my travels. Nine years ago, I decided to get more serious about photography and moved up to a DSLR. Little did I know that I was about to embark on an amazing journey. I began to see the world through new eyes and even familiar places looked different.
I love the excitement of stepping out the door with my camera to shoot either something I have pre-visualized or a surprise that presents itself along the way. My only regret is that I didn’t find my passion for photography much earlier in life, but I am savoring each and every minute of it now.